Paver Edging & Poly Sand
Pavers create beautiful, custom walkways, patios and other outdoor spaces. To finish the project and keep the pavers exactly where you want them, you need paver edging and poly sand.
Edging and Poly Sand
Not sure what you need? Here are the materials we offer:
Snap edge comes in lengths of 8 feet. It’s easy to manipulate to create clean corners or curves in your hardscaping projects. The open base allows grass to grow along the edges, and the interlocking joints create a stable frame for the pavers.
Snap edge spikes fit snugly in the pre-formed holes on snap edging. Hammer them into the ground to secure the edging in place and maintain your design.
Polymeric sand comes in a variety of colors to match your hardscaping design. It flows easily into the small spaces between pavers to prevent grass and weed from growing where they shouldn’t.
The combination of polymers and fine sand forms a concrete-like substance that is more durable than sand alone.When installed properly, polymeric sand prevents water from seeping between the pavers and causing serious damage to the area underneath.
Benefits of Using Snap Edge
Without securing pavers in place, they will eventually begin to shift. Factors that make pavers shift include:
- Foot traffic
- Local weather patterns
- Natural shifting beneath the pavers
- Grass and weeds growing under and between the pavers
Snap edging secures pavers in place. It also creates an easy way for you to get creative with your hardscaping design. You can create curves, arches, or even sharp corners using snap edging.
Benefits of Including Poly Sand in Your Project
Polymeric, or poly sand is a stronger option than regular sand for filling the gaps between pavers. Here are a few reasons why it’s the best choice for your project:
- Prevent weeds: Poly sand forms a barrier almost like concrete when activated with water. The barrier keeps weeds and grass from growing through the small spaces between pavers. Weeds can cause pavers to crack over time, and keeping them from growing can help pavers last longer.
- Keep out moisture: In addition to keeping weed from growing up from underneath the pavers, it can prevent moisture from seeping in. Excess moisture can contribute to weed growth. It can also cause excess erosion.
- Choose the color: Poly sand comes in a variety of colors. Choose a color that matches the pavers, or opt for a contrasting color to create visual interest.
Portland Rock provides snap edging and spikes to secure your pavers, as well as poly sand in multiple colors including charcoal, beige, black, white, and gray. Place an order for delivery by calling (503) 656-7625 or by filling out the online contact form.